Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter in Virginia

3 years ago right before Easter weekend, Chris and I met. We thought that it would be fun to get out of Lansing for a few days, and head back to Virginia for Easter weekend.

It was really difficult to go back to where I once was happy with Preslie alive. I couldn't help but cry for a while once we got to Chris' parents house. I was so overwhelmed with all of the memories that I had tucked away, and to revisit them was so difficult. I know that in the long run it was good to face my fear of returning. Here is what we did this past weekend...

We got in on Friday, took a nap, and then headed to the DC temple. It felt so good to be able to do a session, and just relax and take our time. I didn't want to leave. The spirit felt so good, and I felt so close to Preslie. After going to the temple we stopped and got my favorite Thai Shirlington, and then went back to Chris' parents and hung out. Chris' dad arrived from Texas later that night.

On Saturday we went to the National Harbor and ate at an Italian restaurant, at the Gaylord hotel. The hotel is AMAZING! There just happened to be an Indian wedding going on at the same time we were eating, so we were able to watch some of it. All the dresses, music, and decorations were incredible. Later that night we went and saw I Love You, Man. We LOVED it!

Easter Sunday we got up and attended Chris' parent's ward. Chris and I were really hesitant to attend church on Easter, because my biggest thing when pregnant was the excitement of Preslie wearing an Easter dress. I knew that Preslie would want me to attend church, and that it was the right thing to do. I am going to be was extremely hard. I had to keep my head down, to not see cute little baby girls in such frilly and beautiful dresses. Not to mention there happened to be a baby blessing during sacrament as well. I still cannot sit through a baby blessing. I am hoping that overtime it will become easier. I was really proud of myself for not getting up and leaving, although I tried to block it out and not think about it. We left after sacrament, and the tears fell. I would do anything to have my little P in a cute Easter dress. :( Later that day we had a fabulous dinner, thanks to Chris' Mom Sue. After dinner everyone rested and napped, and I read the book "An Exact Replica of A Figment of My Imagination." I'll give my opinion in another post.

Monday Chris and I went and re-enacted our first date. We went to California Pizza Kitchen, walked around the mall, and bought some great books on sale. Afterwards we went back to the house and Chris played some tennis with his dad. He played 3 times while we were there, and had a blast. For dinner went to The Cheesecake Factory, which was AWESOME! Later that night we had family home evening with Tom and Christine (Chad and Sue's) friends. We had such a blast playing pounce and talking. After they left we played a game called Quelf. It sounds weird, but it was a lot of fun.

Tuesday we packed, said our goodbyes and headed back to Lansing. Chewie was so excited to see us when we got back. Chris and I had such a nice and relaxing weekend with his parents, and we are so grateful for the fun times and the love they showed us.


Aubreydoll said...

I'm glad you had such a good time, I know you were nervous about going but it sounds like it was exactly what you needed right now. We're glad you're back and can't wait to try that game out!

J&E said...

You continue to blow me away with your strength and honesty in your emotions Rylie. I am so grateful for all that you have taught me.
Love you