This Thanksgiving has been expectantly rough on Chris and I. Fortunately Chris' parents were able to spend the week with us. They showered us with early Christmas presents which included: a WII, RockBand and a new HD Vizio 42" LCD TV. We spent many many days and nights trying to master the guitar and drums on that RockBand. I think we have played almost all of the 63 songs. It was great to have a distraction during this time. Thanks Chad and Sue.
We had a great dinner over at the Koesters, thank you so much for letting us join you. It was fun to get together as friends and family to share such great food. :)
It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without saying what we are grateful for. Here are just a few things that we are truly grateful for this difficult year.
1. Family. We are so grateful that through this rough time our families have been able to join together. We have had such a great love and support group, and we couldn't thank you all enough. We have loved all of the poems, cards, prayers, gifts, and just love. We are truly grateful that our families all got to come and be a part of Preslies funeral, and we know that she loves each and every one of you. Even though she never got the chance to meet you on earth, we know we were all together in heaven.
2. Friends. Our friends have been our second family out here. We know that there was a reason we didn't get transferred to Utah this past summer. You guys have helped us out in more ways then you'll ever know. Thank you for talking to us and listening to our feelings, it's nice to know we can count and rely on you.
3. Christopher. I am so grateful to you Chris for being here for me. I honestly don't know how I would get through each day without you. You have always been there for me even when I didn't deserve it sometimes. You loved Preslie since the day you found out about her, and I know you will continue to love her forever. I am grateful that you have continued to go to school and provide for me. I know it hasn't been easy but it will all be worth it one day. You are my best friend and as sexy as the first day I met you. I love you Pher.
4. Rylie. You have made me a better man from the moment I met you. You are the most loving, caring, and wonderful person I know. You are such a great wife and Mom and I am grateful for all your hugs, smiles, and little things you do to make me happy. I dont know what I would do without you, you are my best friend and every second I am with you is priceless. I love you with my whole heart and know that we will get through this. You have my heart and my love.
5. Preslie. For 9 months we had never been happier, and we are so grateful we were able to experience the joy of creating a baby. Preslie has not only brought us closer but has brought our family and extended family closer together. We are grateful that one day we will be able to see her again someday, and get to know who she is. She is amazing. Although we mourn her loss here on earth, we know deep down that she will always be with us.
We hope that you all have been able to find some things you are grateful for this Thanksgiving. We love you all.