Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Mazel Tov!

Tonight we put on our Jewish Wedding, in my wedding planning class. There are 2 groups in the class. The first group went first, and their wedding was a traditional everyday type wedding. They did a pretty good job, but there were a lot of mistakes.

Our group was up next, and let me just say we took the cake. We had Chris come and be the groom, Brian Hogge be the Rabbi, and other family members for other parts. It turned out awesome. It was so much fun, and well worth all the hard work we put into it. Next week we will be doing our table settings to be graded. I will show pictures then.

It was really neat to be the bride and groom, and to reenact a different religions wedding. They have some pretty strange traditions, but very neat at the same time.


Bride


Groom and Rabbi - A woman in our group made the flowers and yamakas. They turned out great


Walking around the groom 7 times - The Chuppah was made out of muslin and tied with fishing wire, and pvc pipes.


Listening to the 7 blessings


Groom breaking the glass



Mozel Tov!




Our Wedding Planning Group


I have had such a great time in this class, and am sad that it is ending next month. Mozel Tov everyone!

11 comments:

Courtney said...

That looks so incredibly fun. How awesome to learn about different cultures and their wedding rituals.

You never cease to amaze me girly.

Love yah!

Unknown said...

Ahhh that looks like so much fun! Glad it went well and you guys did such a great job...loved the photos!
You two make such a cute bride and groom! :)

Jenny said...

cool....maybe I should have a jewish wedding. lol!!

Alyson said...

OH MAN! That looked like fun! I couldn't help but grin as I pictured Brian as the Rabbi. I bet that was awesome!

Bobby and M!kell said...

you look gorgeous as always! and that was so sweet of Chris to be your groom.
glad you had so much fun in this class.
love you!
M!kell

Brittanie said...

That looks like so much fun!! Maybe I should take a wedding planning class!

Aubreydoll said...

It looks like you had so much fun doing that! That picture of Chris kissing you is way cute too! :)

McGinnis Family said...

Oh my gosh! How fun and how funny!!!! What a blast! It looks like you did great!

Janee said...

How fun! What an awesome class!

Brian and Erika Hogge said...

WAY TO GO, RYLIE! Seriously, you can tell how much time you put into your wedding. You guys look great, the background looks great, and Brian looks HOT in that blue robe. ;-)
Love you!

nathan said...

I'm kind of jealous you get to take that class. It looks like so much fun to me. and it must be kind of interesting to learn about other ceremonies...I have no idea, but am curious! Way to rock the class! I'm glad you "took the cake"