Wednesday, September 22, 2010

"Love and Marriage, Love and Marriage"



September 18th was a big day in our family, my older sister Kelsey married her fiance Craig. The night before we had a rehearsal with most of the bridal party. We set up chairs and tables in my Mom's good friend Leann's backyard. Her backyard is beautiful, and was the perfect place to have a wedding.

The bride, or "Zilly" as we called her ;)


The Groomsmen


We have too much fun together


Merrick and Collin used their P90X skills to move tables and chairs


Groom's cake I made


Bridal party minus a few people


Dad and Kels


Chris surprised me weeks ago with a plane ticket, so he could fly out and attend the wedding as well. My Grandmother and Great-Grandmother drove up for the weekend too. The weather was beautiful all weekend, and the wedding was stunning. I have never seen my sister look more beautiful. There are over thousands of pictures, here are a few of my favorite from my camera...

My beautiful sister before taking her vows


My sister Kipley and her boyfriend Matt






Merrick and Dad




There are pictures of all of us walking down the aisle, that I will post when I receive them. Since Arista can't walk Chris carried her down and threw the flowers while she chewed on them. It was the sweetest thing. We sisters were all very emotional as we watched my Dad walk Kelsey down the aisle. There was dancing...

"Come to My Garden"


"God Bless the Broken Road"


"Best Years of Our Lives"


Since all weddings have some kind of a mishap, here is my sister's bad luck in pictures...











Yes, the cake toppled over. Not only did the cake smash to the ground, the cake topper was decapitated. Some people thought that maybe it was a sign...We think it was just a really poorly made cake. This didn't ruin my sister's day one bit! She was a beautiful bride, and her wedding was great. Congrats Craig and Kelsey!

4 comments:

Kelsey said...

Thanks Ry! I love you guys! :)

Willow said...

Isnt' it good of God to put us in families so we can experience more joy than we would be ourselves. It looks like it was a wonderful time. The bridesmaids dresses are gorgeous. And you'll be able to use them for other occasions as well, which is really nice. My favorite picture, of course, is the last one of the three of you. You all look so happy and photogenic.

Brian and Erika Hogge said...

You look beautiful! Simply beautiful! :)

Erin Darrington said...

It was such a beautiful day. Cake mishap and all!