Sunday, January 16, 2011
Our little miracle baby is not quite a baby anymore. Miss Arista turns 14 months on Friday! I cannot believe how fast the time has flown, and how sad I am that she is growing up into a little toddler. I wanted to show you all a few of Arista's favorite things right now.
1. Bath time. About 5 months ago we were giving Arista a bath and she decided she wanted to try swimming like a fish. Next thing we know she is diving into the water, swimming around. Before we knew it she slipped and bonked her head. Ever since that time she was terrified of taking a bath. We spent many nights wasting water, and praying that she would return to the water. We would take turns showering with her, and even then she still was scared. One day I had enough and sat her down in the water and hurried and put toys all around her and began showing her that it wasn't scary. It worked! Arista LOVES bath time now! In fact when we are upstairs she always runs into her bathroom, and tries to climb into the tub.
2. Mess. Arista love love loves to get into anything and everything. If we turn our back for one second she will be in the bathroom unraveling the toilet paper, or opening cupboards and taking everything out. Her favorite cupboard is in the china closet, and inside is filled with all sorts of candles. Almost daily I am pulling wax out of her mouth. You may ask why we don't put a lock or rubber band on it, well we do! Late at night when everyone is asleep Chewy attacks all the rubber bands on the cupboards and hides them. Needless to say we may need to try something different.
3. Go commando. Since Arista was born she has hated clothes, and diapers. Every time her diaper is changed or she is getting dressed, she cries. You would think after 14 months of the same thing she'd get use to it. Well Arista has learned how to take off her diaper, and it is now her favorite game. There have been numerous accidents on the floor, and a brand new chair we bought her. Luckily we have not had any poop accidents yet. There is no better way to explain her joy and excitement, then to show you in pictures.
4. Torment Chewy. Arista's day is not complete unless she had pestered Chewy. We feel bad for Chewy, but at the same time he can always run away. I think he secretly enjoys some rough house, and loves Arista. Arista loves to squeal and chase after him all around the house, it is the funniest thing to watch. There have been times where we are shocked she has not been bitten or scratched. You are a good sport Chew-B.
5. Eat sweets. Arista LOVES cotton candy, and giant lollypops. She doesn't like chocolate, but will try it everytime. She has also learned to fold her arms when we are about to eat!
Other Fun Things About Arista
Favorite book is a Christmas book from Hallmark. It's a combination of the songs "Up on The Housetop" and "Jolly Old St. Nicolas". We have all sung that book till we were blue in the face, but Arista loves it.
Drinks Whole Milk.
Loves participating in her Gymboree Music class.
Can say Yoda.
Can do sign language for "milk", "more", and "all done".
Loves watching Barney.
Ate 2 entire tins of popcorn from Christmas.
Loves fruit snacks and turkey bacon.
Climb up to her slide, and slide down by herself.
Can climb up and down the stairs.
Waves and blows kisses.
Roll arms. (Wheels on the bus)
Favorite doll is a hideous baby troll.
Started only nursing at night. (YAY!)
We are so grateful for the opportunity to have Arista in our lives. She has taught us patience, faith, hope, love, and has brought much happiness back into our lives. The Lord truly blessed us with such a happy and spunky baby, and we thank him everynight for giving us the chance to raise her here on earth. We have had many amazing experiences with Arista in the short 14 months she has been with us, and we will always cherish them. Even though life isn't always easy and we are still faced with challenges, we are grateful for each and every moment we have with Arista. We know what it feels like to lose a child you love, and because of that we love our daughters and the time with them, that much more.
Arista Miracle Martin, we love you!
Posted by Rylie at 3:53 PM