Thursday, April 22, 2010

An "Earth Day" Half Birthday



Sometimes when I think of Preslie, I like to imagine her with all her angel friends. So, when I found this picture it was almost as if I had imagined it. I find it very comforting to know that Preslie is not alone, and together with her friends and family they are preparing the way for us.

Preslie would have been 18 months today. Since her half birthday falls on Earth Day each year we decided we would celebrate it.



We started off the morning by us all putting on our Old Navy "Happy Earth Day" shirts. Arista and I then met Chris at the law building to meet his favorite law professor. Professor Jacobs gave Arista the cutest stuffed giraffe and 3 picture wall hanging frame. Arista rolled over for us and tried to eat the Professors hair. She had an absolute blast being held by her. Chris is sure going to miss Professor Jacobs.



After chatting for a while we headed over to the MSU Dairy Store. We had heard great things about the dairy and finally was able to taste it for ourselves. It was so yummy!



While finishing our ice cream we stopped at Walmart to pick up a beautiful plant for Preslie's grave, and then headed up to the Mausoleum. We introduced Arista to Preslie's tomb, and then sat outside on a blanket for a while where we had the funeral. Arista rolled around all over the blanket, while we told her all about her sister Preslie. After a while we walked around the cemetery and put little toy animals on all the baby graves we could find, in honor of Preslie's 18 month and Earth Day.









After a few hours we decided to drive to 45 minutes to Brighton for dinner at our favorite place, Johnny Carinos. We reflected on our time with Preslie, and talked about how great it will be to see her again. Afterwards we walked around the Tanger Outlets for a while. I found the cutest dress for Arista for Chris' graduation. I was very excited.

When we got home we were pooped! We gave Arista a nice bath, and ended our Earth Day by watching "Avatar". We are also going to see the new movie "Oceans" tomorrow to celebrate this day as well.



Our hearts were heavy today, but we know Preslie was glad that we celebrated her. We know that she loves animals, and nature. We could not have picked a more beautiful day to celebrate her half birthday. We are grateful for the knowledge we have that we will see her again. With each passing day we are another day closer to our baby girl. We love you Preslie Quinn!

13 comments:

jefferies said...

Rylie, that's very sweet. Thanks for sharing. I have tears in my eyes. We will never forget our sweet angel babies.

McGinnis Family said...

Ohhhhhhh! I am in tears right now! That picture of Preslie with Brenna and all her friends is soooo sweet and beautiful! Thanks so much!

What a great, beautiful, perfect way to celebrate Earth Day! You are amazing, truly, and have influenced me for good in so many ways!

Courtney said...

Thank you for that picture. It is so perfect and honestly how I picture the boys and all angel babies as well.

I love the pictures. So glad you were able to have a wonderful day with your beautiful family.

Brittanie said...

Oh I love that picture. That's exactly how I think of it too. I'm mean, I'm quite sure they're all very busy, but I hope they all know each other and have each other for support when they miss us.

What cute shirts! I love all the pictures. What a great day for Preslie, and all of you.

Kim said...

Oh I love you Rylie! I love the Angel picture so much. It is so comforting knowing our babies have each other. Thanks, you are such a sweetheart!

Stephanie said...

What a sweet post Rylie! You guys look so happy and I'm glad! The pictures are adorable :)

Our Family said...

A great post. Thanks for including Joshua in the collage of angels. I do like to think of all of them together doing good for everyone they can. Your Arista is beautiful. Getting so big.

chadnsue said...

You guys are such a beautiful family.........so awesome

Erin Darrington said...

I love what you did with the angel babies picture :) so beautiful. what a beautiful family! I can't believe how smilie Arista is - she's such a doll & you and Chris look great! What a special bittersweet day. Love your way!
~Erin

Dan and Sheila said...

Rylie, thank you so much for that sweet picture of our angel baby's. It is comforting to think that these special children are playing together wail they wait to be rejoined with their family's.
I love that you celebrated Preslie by celebrating earth day. I think that will be such a wonderful way to honer her and bring fun memories into your life. Arista will grow up and know who her big sister is and also have great memory's spending time with her family.
Arista is so darling and I love all the cute photo's of her smile! Love you guys!

April said...

that is the sweetest picture ever. It is true. I think the same thing. He is not alone, he has so many wonderful friends. Your the best thank you. And Arista is so cute!!!!

Trainer Momma said...

What a beautiful family you have! You have such a wonderful, eternal view on life. It has been wonderful to read about your journey, growth, sorrow, hope and faith. Thank you for sharing your strength.

Amy said...

Thank you for including Alexis!! Sweet Preslie...I'm sure they are friends up there. I'm glad you were able to do something to remember her. And sweet Arista is A DOLL!! :)