Saturday, December 5, 2009

Two Amazing Weeks









I can't believe that Arista is two weeks old already. We were so blessed to have my parents out here to help us out with our first days of parenthood, and we were so sad to see them leave. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with them, and with our good friends the Koesters. I could not think of a better Thanksgiving, for we truly had something spectacular to be thankful for.

My parents transformed our house into a Christmas wonderland. They set up our tree, put up lights outside our house, and even set up a ton of lights down both sides of our stairs. We also all went up last Saturday to visit Preslie's grave. We brought a little tree up, along with the stocking filled with letters from us. It was very difficult to go, but it was so great to be able to come back to a beautiful live baby.


On Sunday we blessed Arista, so that my parents could be here for it. We missed Chris' parents, but were grateful they were able to listen and watch via webcam. Chris gave the most beautiful blessing, and Arista looked just like a princess. I know that her sister Preslie was so proud of her baby sister. We were able to have our great friends in the circle as well as our bishop, and a member of the bishopric Ryan, who had counseled with us throughout the past year.






Arista is such a great baby. She only cries when she is hungry, or needs to burp. She has gained back all of her birth weight plus some, and she loves to snuggle. She has only been waking up once in the early morning to eat, and then lays awake looking up at me for a while. We could not have asked for a better baby. She has been sleeping in her car seat, in the adorable bassinet we have. My mom made all the bedding, and we just love it! We hope Arista will sleep in it soon! Arista is such a huge blessing in our lives, and we are not taking a single minute for granted. She is constantly in our arms, and we have no guilt of that at all. We love Arista so much!

18 comments:

Aubreydoll said...

She's such a beautiful little girl!! I love that picture of Chris sleeping with her, but where are the pictures of you holding her?!

Rachel Kirkham said...

My heart is exploding with joy for you guys. We saw Sue & Chad at Kim Harrison's wedding and Sue and I both just gushed about how happy we are for you. What a sweet little girl, she is so beautiful!! Happy snuggles!!!

KYLE and NATALIE KOESTER said...

She looks so beautiful in her blessing dress. I am glad you were able to do that with close friends and parents while they were still here.

Julia said...

okay are those baby heals? Those are adorable! I am so glad that you guys are enjoying your little girl. She has great parents!

Ashley said...

Arista is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! I am so happy that you have been able to spend time with your awesome parents! I am just thrilled for you Rylie!! Being a mommy is the best thing in this whole galaxy!!

Marianne & Clayton said...

It's not possible to hold them too much! Enjoy the early weeks as they go by too fast. She is just so lovely! We are so happy for you.

April said...

She is absolutely beautiful. I am so glad that all is well.

Preston and Keri said...

She is so beautiful! I am so happy for you guys and that you get to finally experience the JOYS of being a parent!
BTW- I slept both of my kids in their car seats for the first few months and I recommend it to everyone. They sleep so much better in it!
Keep the pictures coming! I can't wait to see more of that beautiful girl!

McGinnis Family said...

Oh wow! 2 weeks already! I love the picture of her smiling! She truly is beautiful and such a blessing! Hold her all you want! I don't blame you at all!

Jamie said...

I love the heels!! Love the hair, the dress, the cheeks... the list could go on and on. She is so cute!

Janey said...

She is adorable!!! Congrats to you guys, I just cry and cry whenever I read your posts--she really is a miracle! Love you guys!

Erin Darrington said...

Yay! What a perfect princess. I'm certain that she and P are still very close and I am sure that she was there for Arista's blessing. These little girls are so blessed to call you their parents forever.

Danny and Lauren's Blog said...

Nothing wrong with over-snuggling in my book! Sunggle away! She is such a beautiful sight! Xoxo.

Our Family said...

She is so beautiful. I am so very happy for you. Your rainbow after the storm.

Marni Bown said...

We have been gone and I haven't been able to check your blog to see the pictures yet. She is so beautiful!!! Just like her mama. I am so happy for you and that your parents were able to be there too. Lots of love!

Bobby and M!kell said...

beautiful pics!!! I am so glad your parents were there to share the first two weeks with you. ♥

Brian and Erika Hogge said...

So, so happy for you guys! She's adorable! Yeah, I'm with Aubrey, where are the mommy/daughter pics? Love you guys! :)

Unknown said...

My heart is so full for the 3 of you...she is just gorgeous and I am so thankful she is here safe and here to celebrate this beautiful and perfect time of year with you both. I am sure sweet Preslie smiles from Heaven each day as she watches all of you, anxious for when you'll all be together! Love you dear friend. Please email me your address on Facebook so I can send you guys a Christmas card! xo