Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Just Another Manic Monday...

Yesterday started out as a typical Monday should. We woke up got ready and then Chris drove me to work. After getting to work Chris asked me to call his cell phone. He couldn't seem to find it anywhere. He re-traced his steps, looked in the car, and then it hit him....After dropping me off he decided to be sweet and do the laundry. His phone happened to be in his pants, which he washed.

Chris found his phone in the washer, and it wouldn't work. $250 is how much they said a new phone would cost. While Chris and I were dating he had this older than dirt cell phone. One of the first Nokia's ever made. Well, luckily we found that and it is now Chris' phone once again.

Note to self. Always check your pockets before doing the wash! :D

5 comments:

Rachel Kirkham said...

Oh husbands and laundry. One time J washed a pair of his khaki shorts with all the whites and there was a black pen in his shorts. Just in case you're wondering...black pen MELTS in the dryer and get on EVERYTHING and it permanently sticks to the dryer and NEVER comes off. We ended up with a whole load of ruined whites, and had to buy a new dryer...it sucked!

Ann said...

HA! This situation seems to happen just by drinking the MI water too! I did the same thing a month ago, luckily our contract was up so I could get a new one for cheap. Poor Chris, sorry that his phone doesn't work any more, but that was sweet of him to go the laundry!

Alyson said...

What a nice guy! Too bad about the phone. I hope this doesn't deter him from doing other nice things for you in the future!! :o)

Schrievers in a Nutshell said...

That sucks but atleast Chris was trying to help what a nice guy!!

Kim said...

I washed my phone last summer! My phone was brand new. I ended up buying a pre paid phone for 30$ It was a piece of junk. Luckily I eventually got a new phone. Good luck!